SAN-AIR delivered real results that lasted 8 months!
On September 9th 2018 we posted an article showing the great results from using SAN-AIR on an outdoor umbrella 8 months ago.
At that time we talked about how using SAN-AIR, we had successfully kept our outdoor umbrella canvas from going mouldy for the past 8 MONTHS. We have 2 identical umbrellas, one treated with SAN-AIR and one left as is to survive the elements without any help.
8 months ago both umbrellas looked grotty and mouldy. So we cleaned one with SAN-AIR and not the other. A personal live experiment.
Another 2 months later, after heavy rain, it is still working!
During September and October, there was a significant amount of rain.
6 weeks after the September post, during the rain, we took the featured photo. Seen together, it is very clear that SAN-AIR is having a long-lasting effect on keeping the treated umbrella free of mould.
How did we treat the umbrella?
We used SAN-AIR Surface Mould Remover.
The steps we took were
- we filled a large laundry tub (big enough to hold the canvas) with water and 100ml of SAN-AIR,
- then we soaked the canvas ensuring it was completely wetted,
- left to soak overnight,
- then drained the tub and rinsed the canvas with clean water
- the canvas was then hung out to dry
- once dried, we used the remainder of the SAN-AIR spray to leave a generous coating all over the canvas and allowed to air dry
- the canvas was then reinstalled on the umbrella frame
This procedure will work on tents and other camping gear.